CUSTOMER INFORMATION - DECEMBER 2013/JANUARY 2014
We are making a major investment in 3M systems to ensure we can continue to provide superior service levels to our customers.
Following the successful project to move our European Distribution Centre (EDC) in Bedford, UK, to the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System in November, preparations are now being made for the next cutover, at our EDC in D¹browa Górnicza, Poland. This is the second in a series of changeovers that are taking place across all of 3M's European Distribution Centres.
The introduction of this software throughout our European operations will enable a better overall customer experience through linking business processes, people and information with one global, seamlessly-integrated platform of standardised business processes.
In the UK and Ireland the impact of the systems change at the EDC in Poland will be limited to discrete product ranges. Customers affected will be advised by their regular Customer Service Representative.
The systems change, which will disable all logistics operations, is planned to take place very early January 2014, which is traditionally a quiet period for our UK and Ireland businesses.
To ensure a smooth transition the switch is being planned as a three phase operation:
- Phase 1: Ramp down: During this period we will be clearing orders on the system before we enter Phase 2
- Phase 2: Down time: No orders will be processed or despatched while data is transferred from the legacy system to the new SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Phase 3: Ramp up: The entering and despatching of new orders recommences, building back to full capacity.
The timing of the three phases is currently expected to be as follows:
- Phase 1: Orders will be accepted until Monday, 23 December 2013. Last delivery on Monday, 30 December.
- Phase 2: From Tuesday, 31 December 2013 to Monday, 6 January 2014
- Phase 3: From Tuesday, 7 January 2014.
Should you have any queries, please contact your usual customer services representative.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we go through this programme.