Dental Advisor - Editor's choice
3M™ ESPE™ Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive is a simple one component, one coat, self-etch adhesive solution.
In addition to being fast and moisture tolerant, it offers:
- Strong and consistent bond performance
- Virtually no post-operative sensitivity
- Self-etch with selective enamel etch option
Preferred Product 2010 of The Dental Advisor
Quotes from satisfied Dentists
"The illustrated instructions are great."
"This is a great product – so simple to use!"
"The unit-dose is very nice."
"I love that I do not have to keep it in the refrigerator."
"I wish I could use it with more types of restorations."
Easy to use one-component self-etch adhesive
- All classes of fillings with light-curing composite or compomer
- Core build-ups made of light-curing composite
- Repair of composite or compomer fillings
- Root surface densensitisation
- Intraoral repair of existing composite, porcelain fused to metal, and all ceramic restorations
- Cementation of indirect restorations (composite or compomer, ceramic and metal – after light-curing and when combined with 3M™ ESPE™ RelyX™ ARC Adhesive Resin Cement
Increases resistance to changes in humidity
Two main factors combine to give 3M™ ESPE™ Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive excellent bond strength:
First, 3M ESPE’s unique filler technology. Second, the adhesive formula with the Vitrebond™ Co-Polymer:
- Increases resistance to changes in humidity
- Creates a solid thin surface film
- Makes Adper Easy Bond self-etch adhesive technique-tolerant
Creates a solid thin surface film
||Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Intro Kit Kit
includes 5 ml adhesive vial; 50 disposable mixing wells, 50 disposable microbrushes
||Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Refill
5 ml adhesive vial
||Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Unit Dose Intro Pack
40 unit dose
||Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Unit Dose Giant Pack
100 unit dose
||Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Unit Dose Bulk Pack
200 unit dose
||Adper™ Scotchbond™ Etchant Delivery System
Contains two 3 ml 35% phosphoric etchant syringes and 50 etchant dispensing tips
||Adper™ Scotchbond™ Etchant Dispensing Tips
||Adper™ Scotchbond™ Etchant Gel One
9 ml vial
||Scotchbond™ Etching Liquid 9 ml vial
Figure 1: Pre-operative situation
Figure 2: Adper™ Easy Bond Self-Etch Adhesive Technique:
- Apply adhesive and scrub for 20 seconds
- Dry for 5 seconds
- Light cure for 10 seconds
Figure 3: Final restoration
Adper™ Easy Bond selective etch technique step by step
Figure 1: Apply phosphoric acid etchant (e.g. Scotchbond™ Etchant) to enamel surfaces for 15 seconds.
Figure 2: Rinse thoroughly with water to remove etchant.
Figure 3: Apply adhesive and scrub for 20 seconds. Dry for 5 seconds.
Figure 4: Light cure for 10 seconds (e.g. with Elipar™ S10).
Figure 5: Final restoration with Filtek™ Supreme XTE Universal Restorative.
Clinical case courtesy of Dr Mauricio Watanabe
- "The illustrated instructions are great"
- "This is a great product - So simple to use!"
- "The unit- dose is very nice"
- "I love that I do not have to keep it in the refrigerator"
- "I wish I could use it with more types of restorations"
Studies and science
In vivo field evaluation conducted in Germany and the U.K. with 100 dentists.
Class V Restorations after 6 months and 50 patients
After 6 months, no significant clinical difference in performance between adhesives.
% Alpha Rating
||Adper™ Easy Bond
||Adper™ Scotchbond 1 XT
An evaluation of all-in-one adhesive bond strengths after 24 hours, 6 months and 12 months.
3M™ ESPE™ Adper™ Easy Bond maintained a high and consistent bond strength over the 12 month period.
TEM evaluation of the interface between 3M™ ESPE™ Adper™ Easy Bond Adhesive and Dentine and Enamel, when used in the self-etch mode
SEM and TEM evaluation of the interface between Adper Easy Bond adhesive and Dentine and Enamel, when used in the total-etch mode
Search for individual product Material Safety Data Sheets.