An Introduction to 3M’s Pre-Assignment Requirements
In order to promote a productive and safe work environment and to comply with various laws and regulations both globally and locally, 3M has established pre-Assignment requirements for all Contingent Workers assigned to work at 3M requiring unescorted access to 3M facilities or access to 3M corporate systems. References to Supplier and Seller and Employment Business have the same meaning.
These requirements are applied where the contingent worker will be physically located. Contingent workers must meet all defined Pre-Assignment Requirements prior to the first day of Assignment except for the Exhibit 1: Data Privacy Notice & Consent which will be required prior to transmitting any sensitive personal information to 3M. Unless otherwise noted, the Supplier is responsible for ensuring that Contingent Workers meet these requirements and retain support documentation. 3M will periodically request copies of documentation for audit purposes, but unless otherwise noted, Suppliers should not send copies of the documentation to the 3M Requesters (Hiring Managers) or locations.
Please note that these may be additional checks to those already stipulated in an existing Agreement or Contract of Services.
Seller will maintain all records arising out of or relating to Contingent Workers assigned to 3M as follows:
- Seven years after the 3M Assignment ends for the Seller Personnel Agreement and the Exhibit 1: Data Privacy Notice & Consent
- Six years after the 3M Assignment ends for all other documentation
Pre-Assignment Requirement Summary
A summary of all the Pre-Assignment Requirements can be found here. Within this document the following details can also be found:
- Which Contingent Workers the Pre-Assignment Requirements apply to
- When the Pre-Assignment Requirements must be performed
- Whether the Pre-Assignment Requirement is required for those existing Contingent Workers who are transitioning into the CWS Programme.
- If the Pre-Assignment Requirement also an On-Going Requirement
- Consequences for failure of submitting supporting documents for the Pre-Assignment Requirements following the auditing process
- Who should retain all the supporting documents for the Pre-Assignment Requirements
- All the Pre-Assignment Requirement checklist questions