3MTM TegadermTM I.V Advanced Securement Dressing
The 3M™ Tegaderm™ I.V. Advanced Securement Dressing offers advanced securement with its clever design, comfort adhesive technology and the tried and trusted Tegaderm film. Its stabilisation border, deep force-shifting notch and sterile tape strips provide a strong seal around catheters and other devices such as tubings. The deep notch shifts the pull force from the dressing's edges to its centre, then across the dressing. It enlists the entire dressing in securing the catheter. The new comfort adhesive technology offers strength in application but is gentle on removal.
Innovative Comfort Adhesive Technology
Two innovative adhesives provide excellent hold, even under moist skin conditions1. The firmer, patterned adhesive secures and protects the catheter and allows efficient evaporation of the moisture from the skin. A complementary "full surface" adhesive along the stabilisation border provides further security. Both adhesives remain gentle to the skin and release comfortably upon removal.
Trusted 3M™ Tegaderm™ Film
- Original frame delivery system allows aseptic application using a non-touch technique
- Reinforced soft cloth section and two sterile securing strips for maximum catheter secural
- The entry site is protected by the trusted Tegaderm film which acts as a barrier to water, virus* and bacteria, protecting the IV site or wound from external contamination.2 *In vitro testing shows that the Tegaderm I.V. Advanced Securement dressings provide a viral barrier for viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
1. Summary report on testing to compare moisture handling and wear time of modified and standard adhesive polyurethane adhesive films. Study-05-011226, 3M Data on file, 2010
2. Arrowsmith, M (2012) Bacterial & Viral Barrier Claim For 3M Tegaderm I.V. Advanced Securement Dressings. 3M Data on file