An all-in-one dressing, absorbent and comfortable. Hypoallergenic, excellent adhesion yet easy to remove. Porous, breathable and gentle to skin. Non-woven, flexible backing adapts to body contours. Low adherent pad helps to reduce pain at dressing changes. Round corners reduce wrinkle and edge roll of the dressing. Latex free.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing provides increased wear time compared to other advanced wound dressings¹, allows monitoring of the wound² and protection against outside contaminants3. Tegaderm film backing is designed to enable patient to shower with confidence.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Ag Dressing is an antimicrobial, highly absorbent¹ wound dressing available as a pad or rope that is composed of sterile calcium alginate and an ionic silver complex. It is indicated for use in the management of all moderate to heavily exuding partial to full thickness wounds where wounds are critically colonised (infected) or at increased risk of infection.
3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Dressings are highly absorbent¹, sterile, and are composed of calcium alginate in a non-woven pad or rope. A version is now available which also contains an ionic silver complex.
3M™ Tegaderm™Film is a transparent film dressing, that provides a water resistant, breathable barrier to external contaminants such as bacteria, viruses¹, blood and body fluids. 3M's original frame delivery system enables accurate and easy application. Suitable for use even on sensitive skin² and can be removed easily.
An amorphous hydrogel, formulated to help provide a moist wound healing environment and enhance wound healing. Compatible with the 3M family of dressings used for dry to minimally draining ulcers and open surgical wounds.
A sterile dressing which provides a waterproof and bacterial barrier, together with a low-adherent absorbent pad which absorbs light levels of blood or exudate. Recommended uses include incisions, puncture sites (after cannula removal), arthroscopies and post-operatively as a general surgical dressing.
Skin may break down as a result of pressure from sitting or lying in one position for long periods, or through 'friction' and 'shear'. 3M™ Reston™ Self-Adhering Foam helps to relieve pressure and so reduce the risk of skin breakdown occurring.
1. Greener B, Hughes A, Bannister N, Douglass J. Proteases and pH in chronic wounds. J Wound Care 2005;14:59-61
2. Korber A et al. Successful treatment of therapy-refractory chronic wounds with DerMax. Translated from ZfW Nr 6/06
1. Brown-Etris M, et al. A prospective, randomised, multisite clinical evaluation of a transparent absorbent acrylic dressing and a hydrocolloid dressing in the management of Stage II and shallow Stage III pressure ulcers. Advances in Skin and Wound Care. April 2008; vol 21: no 4 p 169-174
2. CUST-CAE-05-000003. 3M data on file 2003.
3. Thomas S. Experimental Studies on Tegaderm Film. 3M data on file, 2008.
4. Lloyd-Jones R, Graham K. There's no messing with this dressing! Using 3M Tegaderm Absorbent dressing for managing pre-tibial lacerations in the Nursing Home setting. Poster presentation Wounds UK Conference, Harrogate 2009.
Alginate AG Dressings
1. Major R. Comparison of Tegaderm Alginate Ag (silver alginate II) and Aquacel Ag dressings. 3M data on file 2010
1. Thomas S. Surgical Dressings and Wound Management. 2010. Chapter 11 p245-246. MEDETEC. ISBN 1-84426-834-9.
1. Holm D, Zehrer C. In vitro and healthy human studies assess foam adhesive dressing breathability and fluid handling properties. Poster presentation. EWMA, Brussels, May 2011