3M™ Tegaderm™ Alginate Ag Dressing is an antimicrobial, highly absorbent¹ wound dressing available as a pad or rope that is composed of sterile calcium alginate and an ionic silver complex. It is indicated for use in the management of all moderate to heavily exuding partial to full thickness wounds where wounds are critically colonised (infected) or at increased risk of infection.
1. Greener B, Hughes A, Bannister N, Douglass J. Proteases and pH in chronic wounds. J Wound Care 2005;14:59-61
2. Korber A et al. Successful treatment of therapy-refractory chronic wounds with DerMax. Translated from ZfW Nr 6/06
1. Brown-Etris M, et al. A prospective, randomised, multisite clinical evaluation of a transparent absorbent acrylic dressing and a hydrocolloid dressing in the management of Stage II and shallow Stage III pressure ulcers. Advances in Skin and Wound Care. April 2008; vol 21: no 4 p 169-174
2. CUST-CAE-05-000003. 3M data on file 2003.
3. Thomas S. Experimental Studies on Tegaderm Film. 3M data on file, 2008.
4. Lloyd-Jones R, Graham K. There's no messing with this dressing! Using 3M Tegaderm Absorbent dressing for managing pre-tibial lacerations in the Nursing Home setting. Poster presentation Wounds UK Conference, Harrogate 2009.
Alginate AG Dressings
1. Major R. Comparison of Tegaderm Alginate Ag (silver alginate II) and Aquacel Ag dressings. 3M data on file 2010
1. Thomas S. Surgical Dressings and Wound Management. 2010. Chapter 11 p245-246. MEDETEC. ISBN 1-84426-834-9.
1. Holm D, Zehrer C. In vitro and healthy human studies assess foam adhesive dressing breathability and fluid handling properties. Poster presentation. EWMA, Brussels, May 2011