Do you have workers who wear tight fitting respirators (those that rely on a seal with the face) such as Disposable, Half Mask or Full Face Masks (including
those fitted to a powered respirator)?
If so, you are required to fit test them.*
3M can offer both Qualitative and Quantitative fit tests.
The 3M Fit Testing Service is provided by Fit2Fit accredited personnel on the employers site at a day/time suitable to the employer. The Fit2Fit accreditation scheme is a BSIF initiative supported by the HSE which ensures fit testers can conduct a fit test to the level of competence required in the HSE guidance note 282/28. Staff carrying out the testing are competent at fit testing and have a professional and friendly manner which is important when coaching and reassuring employees during their fit test.
We staff will fit test employees on the respirator that has been issued. We also carry sufficient samples of 3M’s full range of respirators, so should an employee require a different model or design, samples are made available if required.
Each fit test includes:
- A brief explanation of the need for fit testing
- An explanation of fit test procedure
- Coaching on getting best fit on chosen Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) device chosen
- Fit test
- Certificate of fit test and written set of results
3M can offer a fit testing service lasting either a half or a full day(s), depending on the number of employees who require a fit test:
- Half day session - up to 8 people
- Full day session - up to 17 people
Alternatively, 3M offers a half day fit test workshop. This is designed to help train people how to conduct fit testing. This is perfect for companies wanting to do fit testing themselves.
The training includes:
- How to use 3M fit test kits
- Discussion on why someone may fail
- Fault finding and how to avoid potential issues
- Practical demonstrations and practice session.
To receive a quote for 3M Quantitative Fit Testing or a training workshop, please click on the link and complete the enquiry form.
* As per COSHH 2002 Regulations