Electrical Construction Materials & Repair
3M offers a broad range of electrical materials for low, medium and high-voltage applications. Essential oil and gas electrical components, connectors, detection equipment and more help make installation faster and easier. Proven cold shrink technology reduces the risk of connection failure. And insulation and fire barrier products improve safety and help assure long-term reliability.
Cleaning & Adhering
A range of pioneering products, from sustainable 3M™ Novec™ Aerosol Cleaners to the latest generation of Scotch® Electrical tape, engineered to keep your equipment working like new.
- Electrical tapes and mastics
- Fast-drying cleaners and degreasers
- Spray adhesives, protective coatings and sealers
Connectors covering the entire 600-volt copper wire range – with the exact features most requested by electricians.
- Twist-on spring connectors
- Crimp sleeve connectors
- Squeeze-and-snap insulation displacement
Detecting & Monitoring
Portable, non-contact infrared thermometers detect surface temperatures safely from a distance and identify overheating conditions before failure occurs.
- Test and troubleshoot data communication lines, phone wires, coax cable and breaker panels
- Easy data download/printing
Cable Splicing & Termination
3M’s proven cold shrink delivery technology provides reliable performance for low, medium and high-voltage electrical splices and terminations.
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Consistent, safe and easy installation
- Rated for applications from 1V to 145kV
More on Cold Shrink Splices & Cable Terminations
Wire Bundling, Identifying & Pulling
Organize and secure cables; mark, identify and lubricate wires to lessen the chance of damage from high pulling forces.
- Self-locking cable ties
- Self-laminating or pressure sensitive adhesive markers
- Lubricant gels and waxes
Passive Fire Protection
3M offers a variety of easy-to-install passive fire protection products. Protect through-penetrations of electrical, data or communications cables with these caulks, tapes, mats, sealants and more. Prevent the spread of:
- Toxic fumes
Insulating & Sealing
Since inventing the first vinyl electrical tape, 3M has continued to engineer a wide range of high-performance products for insulating, jacketing, protecting, padding and sealing:
- Heat shrink products
- Resin splicing kits
- Electrical tapes, rubber tapes and mastics