Flow Assurance & Flowline Integrity
As the search for oil and gas moves farther offshore into deeper and more hostile environments, ensuring a reliable flow of product has become increasingly challenging. High pressures, cold temperatures and corrosive chemicals combine to increase viscosity and deposition, restricting flow – all while placing enormous demands on lines, risers and equipment.
To help you overcome the challenges of subsea and downhole conditions to establish flow assurance, 3M offers a variety of proven technologies designed to help keep your product – and your profits – flowing.
3M™ Technologies for Flow Assurance (PDF 889 Kb)
3M™ Glass Bubbles are engineered to survive and perform in extreme subsea environments. These density-reducing additives are ideal for incorporation into syntactic foams:
- Enhanced uplift in distributed buoyancy modules
- Protect drill risers and strings against ocean pressures and currents
- Buoyancy blocks for ROVs
More on 3M™ Glass Bubbles for Buoyancy
These density-reducing additives answer the need for lighter, stronger thermal insulation to allow operation at greater depths:
- High strength and low thermal conductivity
- Formulated into syntactic foam insulation for flowlines and risers
- Cost-effective alternative to pipe-in-pipe insulation
More on 3M Glass Bubbles for Subsea Insulation
Flexible Flowline Manufacturing
Scotch® High Strength Filament Reinforced Tapes are used to contain the wire armoring used in the manufacture of flexible flowlines, risers and umbilicals.
- Pressure-sensitive adhesion
- Up to 3x stronger than comparable tapes
- Prevent “birdcaging” failure, ensure line integrity
Scotch® High Strength Filament Reinforced Tapes (PDF 682.7 K)
Flowline Corrosion Protection
Protect the critical connection between wellhead and manifold or production facilities with 3M™ Scotchkote™ Coatings for flowlines:
- Internal and external corrosion protection
- Broad range of chemical resistance and service conditions