E-A-Rfit validation system includes:
- Speaker and Stand
- Dual –Element Microphones
- USB Cable
- Power Cable
- Roll Model
- Trial Quantity of Probed Test Plugs and Software
List of compatible 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™, E-A-RSoft™, Yellow Neons™, UltraFit™, Push-Ins™ and Express™ Earplugs:
- Classic earplugs - corded / uncorded
- Classic earplugs - small
- SuperFit 33 and SuperFit 36 earplugs
- E-A-RSoft Yellow Neon / Solar corded / uncorded earplugs
- E-A-RSoft FX corded / uncorded earplugs
- UltraFit standard / Ultrafit 14 and 20 earplugs
- Tracers standard / Tracers 20 earplugs
- Push-Ins corded / uncorded and Express corded / uncorded earplugs
and much more to come...
Request a demo
Step 1: Workers self-fit their own plugs
In less than 8 seconds per ear, the system generates a personal attenuation rating (PAR) that indicates a worker's noise reduction levels for a given fitting
Advantage: Reflects an individual's fitting methods and indicates if additional training is necessary.
Step 2: Connect to the Unique dual-element microphone
The microphone measures the noise reduction of each earplug as worn by the worker across the wide range of industrial noise frequencies.
Advantage: Objectively tests 7 frequencies (125 Hz - 8 kHz) in under 8 seconds per ear, so you don't rely on subjective test responses.
Step 3: Run the Test for Personal Attenuation Rating (PAR)
Patented system and proprietary algorithms quickly analyse real-ear data to provide Personal Attenuation Rating (PAR) and fit variability.
Advantage: PARs can assist in determining if the level of hearing protection your workers are getting is appropriate to their work environment.
Documented Results: Easy-to-understand test results are documented for each test subject, both in print and electronic formats, for future reference.
"Good, Better, Best"
A Program Tailored Around Your Workplace's Needs
There are 3 options for incorporating the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System into a hearing conservation program, all designed to suit your unique needs. This hearing protector fit testing benefits everyone.
Option 1: Audit (Good)
This is the base-level application of the E-A-Rfit system, acceptable for wearers exposed to noise levels less than 85dBA.
- Establish baseline values for new employees
- Helps identify workers receiving inadequate protection that leaves them at risk of threshold shifts
- Validate high protection levels required by workers in high noise areas
Fit, Train & Motivate
- Provides tool for training proper insertion techniques and to assess proficiency
- Motivates employees by helping them realize the control they have in protecting their hearing
Option 3: Assess & Manage Usage (Best)
For optimum precision in predicting employee protection and enhancing individual use and performance.
- Improves long term performance of your hearing conservation program
- Indicates employees needing further fit training or alternative hearing protectors
- Input your noise exposure data and the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Software can help you identify the most appropriate hearing protector(s) and help minimize over/under protection
Request a demo
3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Installation Guides
Installation guide (Full) (PDF, 800KB)
Installation guide (Upgrade) (PDF, 500KB)
Note: Click on the Full Installation link if you are a new user or you are running 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Software version 3 or earlier. Click on the Upgrade Installation link if you are running version 4 or later.
Software full installation (exe, 304 MB)
Software upgrade installation (exe, 20 MB)
In order to use the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System to measure hearing protector attenuation, you will need to:
- Purchase a 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Kit model 393-1000 from your 3M distributor. This kit includes the hardware and accessories you need to get started along with a sample of probed test earplugs. Once you begin using the system, you will need to purchase additional probed test earplugs for use during testing.
- Download the current version of the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Software and the installation guide using the links on this page.
- Contact 3M to obtain a Technician Code. Click here to create a request.