3M Training and Advice
3M is proud to offer a wide range of training and advice materials.
To maintain protection levels, optimise the effective lifetime of the products and avoid the additional cost of replacement, it is extremely important that regular checks and maintenance on Reusable Respirators. This is also essential for meeting the requirements of COSHH Regulations.
3M aim to provide easy-to-follow guidance on how to care for and maintain each maintenance product.
Each pack includes:
- Introduction to care & maintenance
- Additional pack request form
- Record card
- A4 instruction sheet
- A3 instruction poster
Find out more at www.3m.co.uk/maintenancepack
3M can provide Noise Level Checks for your organisation. This service is open to customers with +500 employees requiring hearing protection and entails one of our specially trained representatives to visit your organisation and take a number of readings where your noise hazards are most apparent.
We also offer an Earplug fit validation service – click here to find out more
3M can offer hands on training at your company site through our Hearing Specialist who provides a 1 hour presentation directly to your employees educating them on why wearing their hearing protection is so important.
Utilise our full range of support tools for a blended learning approach
- This DVD provides an automated voiced over presentation that can be directly presented by the Health & Safety Manager.
The main areas covered are:
- Hearing loss, a significant problem
- Hearing loss is irreversible
- Compliance issues - why we aren't protecting ourselves?
- What happens to the ear when subjected to noise?
- Overview of dangerous noise
- How can we prevent damage to our hearing?
- But if you are looking for a training tool that is innovative then the New 3M Noise Awareness DVD will be appropriate, with its animated cartoon characters experiencing the normal daily noise hazards that we all experience in our home & work lives. The DVD explains the following:
- What is noise
- Hearing damage caused by noise
- Don't get used to noise
- Stop the noise
Both of these DVD’s can be purchased through your 3M Approved Distributor.
This software provides an estimate of service life for 3M™ Gas and Vapour Filters for reusable respirators. Identifying the service life of gas and vapour filters is currently a frustrating issue for workers, with guesswork and guidelines often playing an important role.
To ensure optimal protection to the wearer, it is crucial to accurately estimate the appropriate time to replace filters. The lifetime of a filter is variable dependent on environmental and individual exposure to gases and vapour.
- User friendly for ease of navigation
- 700 different chemicals provided to cover a wide range of applications
Visit www.3M.co.uk/filterservicelife to use this software.
For advice, information and technical support on the selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment by 3M, simply call the 3M Health and Safety Helpline on 0870 60 800 60 (UK) or 1 800 320 500 (Ireland). A range of technical literature, posters, selection guides and fact sheets are freely available from the Helpline to help you with your safety requirements.
3M has a national network of sales professionals, trained in Personal Protective Equipment who are able to discuss individual health and safety issues, suggest solutions, facilitate product trials and provide training.
3M can also offer:
- Email support
- A dedicated website
- Free product samples for trials
- Training CD’s
- Fitting and application posters
- Toolbox talks to assist educating and training employees