Back to current news
3M Solutions along the Patient Journey
3M’s Infection Prevention Division showcased its range of infection prevention solutions at the recent AfPP 2012 Congress and Exhibition in Birmingham, reflecting the patient journey through three stages
3M's Infection Prevention Division showcased its range of infection prevention solutions at the recent AfPP 2012 Congress and Exhibition in Birmingham, reflecting the patient journey through three stages: pre-, intra-, and post-operative care. Specialist sales and clinical teams were on-hand to discuss with clinicians how 3M's solutions can help overcome the current challenges in peri-operative care. Visitors to the stand were shown interactive videos, demonstrating the wealth of education tools available from 3M, a combination of face-to-face training and comprehensive eLearning modules. 3M is committed to providing healthcare professionals with powerful tools to help prevent surgical site infections, improve cost efficiency and enhance patient care. 3M solutions along the patient journey included:
- 3M™ Littmann® Connected Solutions providing quality, affordable stethoscopes for effective patient assessment
- Pre-warming with 3M™ Bair Paws™ Warming System – the world's first patient adjustable warming system
- Clipping solutions for pre-operative hair removal to reduce the risk of surgical site infection compared to razors1
- 3M™ Clean Trace™ Hygiene Management System, a quantitative assessment of surface cleanliness, to give peace of mind that hygiene standards are being met
- Patient warming solutions to prevent the adverse effects of inadvertent preoperative hypothermia
- Draping solutions including 3M™ Ioban™ Incise Drapes with antimicrobial protection for a sterile surgical environment
- Custom procedure trays built with innovative CPT eManager tool to meet your needs and eliminate waste2
- 3M essentials range of everyday surgical products offering value with the performance you expect
- Patient warming solutions to continue to warm your patients throughout their journey
- 3M™ Tegaderm™ Dressings which provide a waterproof, sterile barrier to external contaminants helping to reduce the risk of wound infection3
Taking the opportunity to meet both new and familiar faces, members of the 3M team were able to hear first hand the issues impacting peri-operative practitioners and discuss their education requirements to support best practice. 3M is looking forward to continuing its work with the AfPP in the future.
References 1 NICE Clinical Guideline 74, Surgical Site Infections: Prevention and treatment of surgical site infection, Issued October 2008. Section 5.2 Hair Removal, Appendix D Cost-effectiveness of hair removal 2 Thompson R,Kelly,L.1992. Managing Resources in the Operating Department. British Journal of Theatre Nursing, September 1992 3 In-vitro testing, Viral Barrier Test (ASTM 1671-97) 3M Data on File.